My first serging project

I got a serger for Christmas a couple years ago, but I was scared to use it, and then we got busy with putting our house on the market and moving to a different state, so I never got around to even taking it out of the box.  Well, I decided that it was time that I did.

As I mentioned before, I plan to use cloth diapers on our foster children.  Doublers and inserts for them can be expensive, so I figured I could just make some since I already have the fabric that I would need.  I have a bunch of yellow minky, and a thin white terry cloth towel that we got in a set from Sams.

I cut them into 4×12 and 3.5×11 pieces, and serged them together.  I made 4 of each size with one layer of minky and one layer of terry, and 3 of each with one layer of minky and two layers of terry.

The first one I made isn’t super pretty, but it should still work.
Here is my second one, which turned out much better.  It looks all wonky, but it really isn’t.
Here’s a bunch of them.  I still have 3 left to do, but I ran out of thread.  From left to right:
3 layer large, 2 layer large, 2 layer small, 3 layer small
Hopefully they work!  🙂